PWI Goes To School 2022: Journalism Seminar

Have you ever wanted to become a journalist?

When I was young, I've definitely thought about it. I liked watching TV everyday as a kid, not just to watch cartoons, but to watch news too. I always gave the random-est comments ever when watching the news. Sometimes I imagined myself as a reporter that present the news. I could even randomly talk like I'm a reporter reporting in class. I grabbed a correction pen as my mic, then pretended there was a camera recording me. Besides watching TV, I also liked to read newspaper and writing. I've ever imagined that my writing would come up on the newspaper and I would be famous(and get some pocket moneyπŸ‘€) So journalism seemed like a very interesting field to me.

Maybe you guys wondered, what is PWI? PWI stands for Persatuan Wartawan Indonesia (in English, it's The Indonesian Journalists Association). Last Saturday(March 5, 2022) they came to our school to introduce journalism to us. I'm very interested, so I attended the seminar in our school hall.



First, the journalist explained about how to take a good video. He played the video on projector, which showed the bad example and good example. He then explained clearly to us about the technique needed to create a good journalistic video. We also practiced to take videos in the hall and I took a video of my surroundings. I realized that I always had a bad technique when recording my assignments or random video of friends πŸ˜…. I definitely need to learn more about that.

caption translation: video shooting technique using mobile phone
 

After lunch break, the seminar continued. This time, it was about photography using DSLR camera. I've always wanted to have a DSLR camera, that's why this topic sparked my interest. The explanation was simple and clear, but I really wanted to try it out directly on DSLR camera. Hopefully I can buy the camera soon πŸ“Έ


Lastly, one of the journalists explained about journalism writing. He explained about the structure of the text, the charateristics, hard news and soft news, etc. 

journalistic methods ;)

Overall it is a fun experience! I did get a lot of new information that day. I am looking forward to attend more seminars in the future 😎

See you in my next post! 


Comments

Popular Posts